January 8, 2015

2014 ... in 1 (and 2) Second Slices ...


Whew. My first -- and only -- 365 project. Completed. It's a doozy. And it's wonderful. And I could watch it over and over again. But. I'm so glad it's done. For now, anyway. I'm happy, and relieved, not to be juggling videos, or thinking about video opportunities, or hitting myself over the head at the end of the day because I haven't video'd anything and now I have to capture whatever lame thing is on tv. It was a fun project, tho. And all the dudes were compliant (mostly, usually) participants. And Middle Dude was my partner in production - he added music to all the videos we mashed and blogged.

The nitty-gritty details:  I used the 1 Second Everyday App on my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3).  The 1SE app is the workhorse in compiling, slicing, collating, and "mashing" the videos.  I used the camera video feature (not the app video feature) to take simple, short videos each day.  And Middle Dude used iMovie to add music and introduction/ending slides to our mashed videos.  I wrote tips for this 1 Second Everyday project for I Heart Faces.  And all the videos from this year can be found blogged here.

Oh, and while I'm thoroughly enjoying my break from video "responsibilities", I will admit to experiencing at least a couple moments this week where I thought, "awwww, that would make a great 1 second slice..."   We'll see how long my "video vacation" lasts ;-).

8 comments:

Chrystie said...

I LOVE this!!! It's the coolest thing ever! It looks like it took forever to edit. I love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

This is awesome! You inspire me to capture my every day with video more!

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome!!!

Middle Dude said...

This is truly a work of art. Such beauty calls to mind such words as "awesome", "epic", "historic", and even "cool." Perfection like this will likely not be seen for at least a whole year. Not that I'm biased or anything.

~ MiddleDude

Skeller said...

Middle Dude - thy middle name should be "humble" ...

Unknown said...

Those last two comments made me smile. I came back to this post to ask you how you save a snippet longer than a second. I can't get it to save a few seconds worth for today,and can't find help on youtube.

mymixofsix@hotmail.com

Skeller said...

Shauna - I'm totally NOT techie, so I only use 1 Second Everyday app on my samsung galaxy phone for splicing. The 1SE app lets you "snip" 1 or 2 second slices for 1 video each day. To use the 2 second option, just click on the "+" on the upper right corner of your phone screen after you've selected your video.

If you needed snippets longer than 2 seconds, you could use software like iMovie to manually add in longer video.

Tracy P. said...

Haha, Middle Dude, epic indeed. I like that there is ample coffee. And dominoes. Plus sand and water, obviously.