March 23, 2012

Tough. Encouraging. Beautiful. Orange County Lifestyle Photography.

Meet Sandra. She's tough, encouraging, enthusiastic, super fit, and beautiful. She's a group and personal fitness trainer at my local YMCA.

orange county headshots photographyorange county fitness photography 6orange county fitness photography 2orange county fitness photographyorange county fitness photography 4orange county fitness photography 8orange county fitness photography 5orange county fitness photography 3


Talk about authentic "lifestyle" photography: we shot this session real-time (no do-overs, no hold-that-pose-a-little-longer, no turn-and-look-at-the-camera, no can-you-slow-it-down-so-the-pictures-won't-blur?!) during Sandra's CXWORX class. 'Twas fun, challenging, and meant that I didn't limp out of her class per my usual routine as I quickly discovered that I could not both shoot and exercise in conjunction. I'll try to make up the difference next week ... ;-)

Note for photography geeks: This was challenging! There are huge mirrors on two walls and I was trying to keep myself OUT of the pictures. If you're in a Find-Waldo kind of mood, feel free to find me in the photos above (I only cloned myself out of one, grin).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore these!! And I know from shooting at the ballet studio how much fun a wall of mirrors makes thing. ;) I adore the action black and whites... and I am jealous of people who work out who don't turn bright red. ;) She's beautiful.

kelly said...

These are fantastic! Before I even read your comments to us photo geeks, I was perusing the pictures to see how you disguised yourself with all of those mirrors. LOL! Great job!

Andrea said...

It looks like a cool class! And I found you in a few. ;)

Becky said...

These are just great! I found you in a few :0)

Anita Johnson said...

These are beautiful photos, Susan. So natural with a gentle side caught on "film". I hope she loves these photos too.

Tracey said...

Ok, the entire scroll through was I thinking, "How in the heck did she not get herself in those mirrors?!?!?!?" And then I see your comment. Ha! I thought, she had to have cloned herself out of at least a couple! But I think I did see a tiny little you in one or two of them.
Reminded me of the time I had a website want me to shoot some silverware for their fair trade set they were selling. I discovered then that it is impossible to keep one self out of a spoon when you are looking down on it. I practiced some cloning too. :)

Caseybumpinalong said...

Wow, what a treasure these photos will be for her! Great captures!

Unknown said...

I could only find you in one : ) Fantastic images. WOW! What a beautiful girl. I see her strength.