September 24, 2010

Book Miscellany

Rounding out a week of books, plus a photo tip thrown in for good measure ...

_MG_4039_MG_4040

Well-loved, thoroughly thumbed, oft referred to ... Camera Manuals. Yes, I know - NOT riveting reading. But helpful. Which leads to my top photo tip for the day: SHOOT MANUAL mode. Use your camera manual to learn how. I know this may not sound like a brilliant tip, but ... shooting manual mode will accomplish two important things: better exposed images & quicker editing time. I wrote a tutorial for I Heart Faces a couple weeks ago that shows the difference that shooting manually can make.

_MG_3450


Middle Dude's latest, favorite-est series: The Sisters Grimm ... (part mystery, part fantasy, part adventure)

Fun link:
Book Worm! at Mila's Daydreams (this whole blog is filled with delightful, quirky, imaginative, story-telling, humorous, off-the-chart-creative baby photography). So worth a visit!!

And last, but not least: the story Bible I love best. We start every school year reading thru it. Today's selection: "The young hero and the horrible giant", David & Goliath ...

_MG_4044_MG_4043

Thus ends a week of book stuff.

post signature

3 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

Your tutorial at iheartfaces made me think more about shooting in manual...so I dug out the manual as you suggested. This is how I plan to spend the cold days of winter...learning to master my camera. I see you have the Canon 5D...a dream camera to be sure! You son's book list is impressive too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deidra said...

I'm going to find my manual. It's around here somewhere. I know I've seen it before!

Anonymous said...

I actually do use my manual quite a bit, but I too will be spending the winter learning how to shoot manual. In the meantime, however, I have to shoot AP for my shoots since that's currently what I can rely on. I'm dreaming of the Nikon D700 and need to get better with what I have in order to own something new!