July 20, 2012

Life is kinda messy.

Literally.  And cluttered.  And grimy.  And in the summer, full of games, puzzles, bionicles, and down time.  IMG_5772

 

Someday, I’ll have a neater house.  With less clutter.  And certainly without grimy oak coffee tables, and fingerprints on the microwave, and hand/dirt/smudgemarks on all the walls 4’ and down, and disgusting bathroom … (ewww, let’s not go there) … Someday.  Someday in the not too distant future; probably within a decade.  And I’m probably going to get all sentimental and miss these things.

 

Oh, who am I kidding?  I’m not gonna miss the sticky fingerprints or the dirty walls or the bathroom disgustingness.  But this cluttered coffee table with life happening all over it?  I’m gonna miss it.

7 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Amen, Susan!! Love it!

Carly said...

Love your lived in house! I used to think I could only post perfect pictures of my house. Then I got over that when I could not find any perfect pictures! Glad you are enjoying summer!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

I LOVE this!!! And I can't help but look at that and think that Lucy would either throw the puzzle on the floor or try to eat it, so I am kind of looking forward to being able to leave puzzles-in-progress on the coffee table! :)

Unknown said...

Gosh, I think our coffee tables are related! Well, ours is mostly covered in lego pieces...but still...I can hardly see what color it is! And I'm not worrying about it a bit!

Anonymous said...

I know. I feel the same way about it all. Glad to see a coffee table that looks like mine. :)

Andrea said...

Oh yay! A coffee table that looks just like mine. I feel a lot better now. ;) There are so many things I won't miss...I hear ya there!

Leslie said...

THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE POST OF YOURS EVER!