April 23, 2009

Macro.

My 100mm f/2.8 macro lens is my go-to lens for all my close-up floral photography. I love what this lens can do. And it works perfectly each time I use it, so long as I use a tri-pod. Without the tri-pod, I've failed each time. Thus, I generally never use this lens on people.

But I'm going to play around more and try to find a fast enough shutter speed and an ideal distance to shoot from (too close-up, too magnified definitely requires a much steadier hand than I possess), so that I'll be able to handhold this big lens and get people pictures.

IMG_8934

IMG_8935


Because this lens definitely captures them in a different way than my other lenses. And I kinda like it.

FYI ... above photos (original crop) taken in dim light with the following settings:
800iso, f/2.8, 1/320 sec.
800iso, f/2.8, 1/125 sec.

post signature

3 comments:

Carebear said...

I like this too. Drew over at Momtog blog just posted some pics with her macro lens today and they are fantastic. Never would've thought to try macro on people, but now you and Drew have changed my mind!

Heidi said...

I love that first photo! :)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

That's really very cool Susan! I need a macro lens so bad (just one other thing that is on "my list"...)