May 18, 2008

The Grass withers, the flower fades....

Idaho flowers by side of road


Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart, for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and abiding word of God. For,

"ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS,
AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS.
THE GRASS WITHERS,
AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF,
BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ABIDES FOREVER."

1 Peter 1:22-25 (quoting Isaiah 40:6)

post signature

4 comments:

Rhea said...

That's really nice, Susan. A very appropriate Sunday post. :o) I'm going to count this as my going to church today, ok?

Lisa~ said...

Do ya need a witness? Amen sister! *Ü*

Lovely as always... and the orange below... I love orange flowers, cars, clothes, houses... not so much...

Happy Sunday!

Irene said...

Great post. I am also adding my Amen to it. :)

tearese said...

I just want to lay down in a field of those flowers: gorgeous.