December 3, 2013

Field Trip – Keller Style, Part 4

  Day Two:  off to the National Museum of Natural History … nhm-1 nhm-2 fall leaves and castlenhm-3 nhm-4 nhm-5 nhm-6 Elephant by daylight …nhm-7 nhm-8nhm-9 rexie nhm-10 nhm-11 nhm-12 nhm-13 nhm-14 nhm-15 Super lovely ancient petrified wood …nhm-16 nhm-17 nhm-18 nhm-19 And entering the monkeys-to-man exhibit.  Where we learned that we all evolved from monkeys.  Which, in turn, evolved from rats.  So, there you have it.  “Experts” deem it to be so.nhm-20 nhm-21 nhm-22 nhm-23 nhm-24 nhm-25 nhm-26 nhm-27  Elephant by evening light …elephantnhm-29 Heading back to the hotel …nhm-30 nhm-31 nhm-32 nhm-33 Where a stunning sunset greeted us at the Metro parking garage.  nhm-34 nhm-35 nhm-36 By the time we were back in our room, the sky was seemingly exploding.nhm-37Next up, Lincoln’s Memorial by night, where we may or may not have gotten locked out of our car and lost the keys and gotten snowed on and shivered…

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

That is one photogenic elephant! I love all the smiles and looks of wonder. I loved the art in Day 1 too. Who could resist the actual texture of a Monet or Van Gogh? Drool. Can't wait for the next episode. :-)

Unknown said...

Skeller,

Wait...are you saying that we did not come from monkeys? What kind of blasphemy is this? ; )

This morning I brought your Christmas card to work to savor. I love C's writing style. I really love all the boys. I am thinking about coming and kidnapping them so they can make me smarter. I will tell you when I get all the details worked out of my kidnapping visit.

You are my favorite.

Love, Becky

Christina said...

I've taken quite a blogging break (trying to behave and get my girls' schoolwork done), but have missed your posts! This is such a fun trip! I'm from Virginia, and have done a few of these trips with my kids and grandparents...so fun!
Your pictures are amazing, as always!!