More things you can learn about the Kellers from pictures:
1. I tend to put down my lens caps ... wherever. (and then forget where I put them).
2. We have ants. See the bug spray bottle? Another item I tend to put down wherever I last entered combat. (and then forget where I put it).
3. I have a hard time keeping the piano plant alive. This dying one is #3, I think.
4. Dog Dude is not allowed upstairs. So there he sits and waits for my return ...
5. Confession: I have a pair of Crocs. They're my summer slippers. And yes, they are hideous. I try never to leave the house wearing them (no offense to any of you who like them and wear them wherever). Last night I failed to remember to switch to my regular flip-flops before we ran to Costco. argh. While in the food court enjoying our frozen-yogurt treat, a guy next to us started coughing/choking (no! not because of my hideous shoes. because he had food stuck in his throat!). Everyone around him was watching carefully, prepared to jump in and Heimlich if necessary. All was well, no Heimlich necessary, and we left. Big Dude says: "Well, the good news is that the choking guy distracted everyone from your shoes..."
6. Speaking of shoes ... Kellers (of the male persuasion) tend to drop theirs by whatever door they enter.
7. Nothin' but the deepest thoughts shared here at Short on Words ... [snort!]