October 12, 2008

I AM the Vine...

Julian Pumpkin Patch1

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it,
that it may bear more fruit...

Abide in Me, and I in you.
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
unless it abides in the vine,
so neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

I am the vine, you are the branches;
he who abides in Me, and I in him,
he bears much fruit;
for apart from Me you can do nothing...

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,
ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.
By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit;
and so prove to be My disciples.

Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you;
abide in My love.
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love;
just as I have kept My Father's commandments,
and abide in His love.

These things I have spoken to you,
that My joy may be in you,
and that your joy may be made full.

John 15:1-11 (excerpted)





post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you and have a great Sunday.

Dawn E said...

I've read this passage so many times, but this time this part jumped out at me as if it were the first time:
By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; and so prove to be My disciples.

I am going to chew on that for a while. Thanks so very much for sharing.

Rhea said...

Great photo! Love the vine.

tearese said...

Thanks for the weekly scripture.
By the way "I heart your blog." See my blog for details.

Kiera said...

I saw that Tearese hearted you too. I haven't been to your blog in quite a while but I do remember you and your photography from way back. Congratulations on your official photography biz. I hope to follow in your footsteps one of these days. : ) Your work is beautiful!

Michelle said...

I love this analogy, especially this time of year.

Lisa~ said...

Beautiful!