September 24, 2013

School is Back in Session …

IMG_6107tracing constitutionBreakfast of champions???  (he likes Coco Puffs best for the chocolate milk at the end)IMG_1638All summer he drew picture after picture after picture.  So he could give one to everyone in his class, welcoming them all back to school.porfolio of picsIMG_1410 Online class – American Literature with Dr. McM …  The Teen likes a mocha to accompany his class.  (No, Homer's Iliad isn't part of this class.  That book goes with Middle Dude's Great Books 1 online class.)IMG_1412 Latin Prep, year 3 …IMG_1413  Littlest Dude has created a new favorite workstation …
workstation IMG_1658 IMG_1663  Ummm, yes.  The Teen does like to listen to talk radio while writing … (he doesn't get this from me.  I need silence to read/write/translate or compute!)IMG_6115IMG_1641
So, another year has commenced and once again books & papers & projects litter every conceivable surface in our home.

7 comments:

FourCalders said...

What a wonderful collection of photos of your boys. We are at the end of term 3 here on Oz and on school holidays. You take lovely photos and I love your blog. :)
Cathie.

Unknown said...

I just love how you capture all your Dudes enriching their minds. I don't think I've taken any school photos yet, and we've been at it for 2 months. Oops.

Skeller said...

Cathie, I know we just finished our summer here and I have no reason to be envying you your school holiday, but envying, I am ;-). Enjoy your break! And thanks for your kind words.

Tracey said...

You lost me at Latin prep.
And I love that your littlest drew a picture for everyone in his class! So sweet!

Lifeonephoto said...

Oh wow! I love this post and pictures. You have given me a great idea to add to a picture book I'm making for my step daughters graduation gift. Thanks for the light bulb moment! BTW you pictures are so good! Lisa

Christina said...

Are you teaching them Latin? Do you know it? What program(s) have you used and liked? Do you mind if I pick your brain a bit? (I should have asked that one first...) :)

Skeller said...

Christina - I tried emailing you back, but you have "no-reply comment" set up with blogger; so hopefully you'll check back in here. Latin ... I learned about a high school year's worth of Latin 9 years ago when my oldest was starting Latin. I taught myself using Latin Book One (old but good 1930s text) and then I went thru about 6 units of Henle 1. By this point, I've probably forgotten more than I remember :-{. My kids have done Latin for Children A & B (don't like). Latin Prep 1-3 (love!) and So You Think You Want to Learn Latin 3 (same series, follows after Latin Prep). After that the plan is Henle 2 & 3. At whatever point they bog down, they start an online class (Scholar's Online with Dr. McMenomy).