Y'all know I'm pretty passionate about "lifestyle" photography - I think it's a profoundly beautiful art form. My workshop is going to explore how to build a business based around this art form, and specifically discuss how to communicate your vision and attract the kinds of clients who appreciate this specific art form: let's call it "moving beyond Christmas Card portraiture" (grin). You can find a full description of my workshop here and here. We'll be covering all these topics:
- what distinguishes "lifestyle" from other genres of photography
- how to find wonder in the "mundane" details of everyday (hint: the details aren't mundane)
- how to draw the kinds of clients who are looking for lifestyle images
- how to handle inquiries
- booking, scheduling, prepping clients, and brainstorming the session
- how to get that lifestyle "look" while you're shooting
- how to put your clients at ease, helping them relax and be natural in front of your lens
- what about posing and clothing choices? what about location choice and time of session? (hint: think beyond the golden hours)
- working around dim lighting
- how I use Lightroom to make my workflow super efficient/streamlined
- which products to sell to best showcase lifestyle images
- and the biggie topic of ... PRICING - how much, for what, and WHY ...
- plus, we'll have a chance to put into practice all that we've talked about as we photograph together a family lifestyle session.
And for everyone attending my workshop, I'll be providing a PDF booklet of all our workshop content.
Registration is now officially open for both conference AND non-conference attendees.
The Nitty Gritty:
When: Friday, October 4th, 8a-noon
Where: Cherry Valley Lodge Conference Center in Columbus, OH
How much?: $400 (for conference attendees)
$500 (for non-conference attendees)
To register and receive the discounted workshop fee, conference attendees can contact I Heart Faces through the email address listed in their registration packet. As soon as I receive notice of your attendance confirmation, I can send you your workshop invoice.
Non-conference attendees can register directly by clicking below: