August 13, 2012

Frisbee Golf

Last week Big Dude introduced two of our boys to a piece of his past:  frisbee golf in Manito Park.  The course was pretty much the same as it was 20+ years ago, though he thought perhaps a tree or two were missing.golf1IMG_0403IMG_0406IMG_0404golf3golf4golf5
IMG_0409It’s possible that early on a certain someone might have grumbled about having a “lesser quality” frisbee.  Said person might have traded frisbees a couple times.golf2IMG_0413IMG_0423IMG_0421Awwww, ain’t we cute?IMG_0429
About this point, the aforementioned grumbler [cough cough, Middle Dude, cough] may have said something to the effect of “This isn’t fun.  I quit!”  And so I dragged him along to the gardens to take pictures of flowers in the near dark while the other dudes finished the game.golf6golf7IMG_0468IMG_0477
Not a shabby way to spend a beautiful summer evening…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manito Park is the most incredible place. I'm heading there this Friday with friends, dogs and kids. :) And I adore the flower shots. So beautiful and moody.

Unknown said...

I could tell right away that his frisbee wasn't up to par. Seriously. : ) I love that kid. All three of them are so handsome. Why in the world do they leep growing up :(
I want you to print that picture of you and your honey and put it on the fridge. I love it so much I might print it and put it on my fridge. Seriously. In fact, I am going to print it out right this second! : )

Unknown said...

I just printed it out via my black and white printer and I flippin LOVE it! I can't wait until people ask who it is on the fridge. I will tell them the two coolest parents in all of California.

Tracey said...

Ummm, if you said "frisbee golf" in our house you would be mocked. It's "disc golf" according to my men. Although you are playing with frisbees so in that case I would have to defend you. Perhaps a Christmas gift is in order? Real, disc golf discs. You can buy basic discs, but also drivers and putters, etc. My Bean has her own pink one.
Oh, and if you google disc golf course in your area I'm sure you'll find some real courses, with the hanging basket holes and tee off's and everything.
I can't believe I'm explaining this all to you. I play every so often, but I'd rather stay in the car and read!