Just a little collage of ordinary snippets to remind me what a "day in the life" looks like right now, where "right now" = May 4th, 2012.
1. Fridays are always cinnamon rolls + hot chocolate mornings. Just our little way of celebrating the last "work" day of the week.
2. Tickled pink that the bird of paradise is blooming right outside the window and complementing the beloved quilt. It's the small things, people!
3. Sweet fairy tales and K'nex weapons live side by side, peacefully.
4. Putting final touches on the 2011-12 school yearbook (always feels super awesome to bring this annual project to completion).
5. Middle Dude is memorizing like crazy. The Macbeth curtain rises in just 2 weeks!!!
6. Me, my slippers, green fuzzies, and dog dude - business as usual.
7. "honoring" Star Wars day ...
8. Fridays is Bodypump day. Aka: the-humiliate-wimpy-Susan-hour.
9. hot chocolate + black hoodie for a little warmth in the May-Gray morning.
10. Little Dude went shopping in the treasure box at school. Stencils!
11. Algebra II, I'm glad the Teen *gets it*, 'cuz it surely looks like a foreign language to me.
12. This month's book club selection is A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway. I'm unimpressed enough that I picked up one of his "real" novels to see what the big deal is. Because A Moveable Feast is ... bleh, nothing to write home about.
13. Little Dude's class topped off their Pompeii studies with some volcanic action ...
14. The Teen blogged Legoland's new Star Wars exhibit in homage to the day and wrote a review of The Clone Wars. The kid can write. Have I mentioned that before?
15. Homework. Even on a Friday. :-(
16. Friday is also the day The Teen bikes over to the town center to buy a newspaper. Movie reviews, don'tcha know.