September 30, 2011

Roadtrip Part 11, and Playing with Presets…

I’ve been experimenting with Kellie Hatcher’s presets for the last week.  They’re a pretty dramatic departure from my usual editing style.  These presets remind me of pictures from my childhood – the film pictures mom and dad took and then stored the completed canisters of film in a drawer for a couple years til there was money to develop the pictures; the pictures that when finally developed were heavily toned and kinda earthy.  I thought it would be fun to try the presets on some of my Lake Powell pics (I labeled each picture with the preset used), especially since when we were out on the water and away from other boats & buildings, there’s nothing out there to tell us what modern decade we’re in – it might really be the 1970’s …

lake powell alfonsolake powell charlielake powell irenelake powell odettelake powell riolake powell star

70’s vibe, yes? 

Fun announcement:  I will be hosting a giveaway of Kellie’s color presets very soon …



ps. these edits were all using the soon-to-be-released JPG version of Kellie's presets

4 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Nice. I like these--pics and presets. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love those presets! Really!

BigDude said...

OR it could be thousands of years in the future...when apes rule the planet!

Irene said...

wow - I have a preset names after me :)