August 30, 2010

Day 2, Return Drive – Back to Yellowstone

If you’ve been around my blog for any amount of time, you’ve probably realized that nature moves me.  Creation never fails to remind me that there’s a Creator God.  I have well in excess of 100 posts connecting Glorious Creation with a Glorious God as revealed thru His Glorious Word. 

 

And thus, I find roadtrips to be immensely wonderful.  My Teen?  Not so much.  I’ll not put words in his mouth – he has plenty of his own – and you’re welcome to read his account from his perspective.  (I must warn you, however, that he makes claims of having his “maturity” grossly underestimated, all while presenting you with a close-up picture of a huge buffalo pooping HUGE poop.  ‘nuff said.)

 

On our drive up, we drove the Western route (where the bulk of the geothermal activity is) thru Yellowstone.  On our drive back, we drove down the Eastern side (where the bulk of the wildlife is).  We were not very far into the park when Big Dude spotted this adolescent Grizzly not too far off the road.

_MG_1905T

_MG_1919T

_MG_1922T

_MG_1936T IMG_4931T

_MG_1946T

_MG_1948T

_MG_1952T

_MG_1959T

And where there’s wildlife … there’s sure to be some traffic back-up ;-).

_MG_1972T

_MG_1960T _MG_1961T
_MG_1962T _MG_1963T

Very fun to see both wildlife and geothermal activity side by side.

_MG_1974T

So there you have it.   “There are a few sights to see, but most of the time you're looking at trees, and hills, and shrubs.  Nothing you can't see on the freeway.”  (The Teen’s words, not mine!)

Next up, more “freeway sights” at the West Thumb Geyser Basin and Grand Teton National Park …

_MG_1978T

_MG_2045T


Many of these photos processed with One Willow's presets, Vintage Lace & Bubble Gum.

7 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Oh my word Susan...your son's blog is hysterical. So fun reading the difference between a mom and son's perspective. I have to say though, you have quite the talented writer on your hands!

Deidra said...

I love that you love nature and see God in it and share it with us.

Headed over to read it from your son's perspective. Should be fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Of course I clicked right on over to the teen's blog, and oh how I laughed -- and then I read on ... your boy is quite talented and clever! I sure do hope that he earns his privileges back soon so that we can "hear" some more from him long before November.

I am always so encouraged by your pictures and especially love Sundays when you combine them with His Word. Destiny

Anita Johnson said...

I have so enjoyed my little vacation with your family. The scenery was outstanding. And I felt right at home reading your son's blog too. My kids never really understood when they were younger, why I cried when I saw the Badlands for the first time. The Badlands were so unique to me...like a lunar landscape...that I was totally overwhelmed. Now, at 22 and 25, they are like me and have the photos and the desire to share them as I have. Your son is an excellent writer. He will never forget that trip, even if some of the parks could have been seen from the freeway!

Tracy P. said...

Hilarious! "Here, let me show you some photos of the fun time I didn't have."

Jane said...

Such beautiful pictures! I could never get enough of that view.

Jessaca said...

The photo is spectacular. Enjoyed seeing all you family vaction travels sites. You are a great photographer