June 24, 2010

Continued Randomness …

Someone was really super excited at Promotion Night.  Ahhh, the beginning of Summer.  :-)

Why, yes.  That is a collared, buttoned-down shirt he’s wearing.  It’s totally borrowed.  ;-)

_MG_9255

My poor, craft-starved boys.  Luckily I have a good friend who's crafty & hooked them up ;-).

_MG_7520 _MG_7517

_MG_7753

After long hikes, Littlest Dude needs to “restore health.”  I’m pretty sure this is terminology from a shoot-‘em-up computer game that I like to pretend that I don’t know that he plays …

_MG_7739-2

Same hike, different son, new lens!!!  Any guesses?

_MG_7659

Littlest Dude’s love affair with books continues.  And Dog Dude continues to keep him company.

IMG_4443

Mom & Dad brought us the most beautiful orchid plant – with exactly 17 blooms – for our 17th anniversary.  And then hung out with the dudes while Big Dude & I celebrated with a date… (thanks, Mom & Dad!!!)

_MG_9690

_MG_9300

_MG_9307

And I took about 5 gazillion pictures of various flowers:  agapanthus, lavender, sage, orchids …

_MG_9355

Alrighty.  This randomness brings me almost totally up to date.  Well, up to last weekend, anyway.  Last weekend when this happened:

_MG_9581  … the most incredibly gorgeous evening at the beach.  But that will be a blog post all its own :-).

 

Btw, photo geek detail for those who are interested:  most of these images (all but 2 color boat craft & last flower) were processed completely in Lightroom using One Willow’s Fairytale presets, which are awesome!

5 comments:

alpinekleins said...

I really need to invest in Lightroom - I don't know if I can resist much longer. I think I actually NEED it :)

Kristin

Heasleye said...

I love new lenses! 135? A Macro? Have you upgraded to LR 3? It's sounding worthwhile to me. Happy Anniversary! Love the randomness!

Elaine

Unknown said...

Love affair with books. Perfection!
That first picture of your baby is just wonderful! He is so sweet. And such a combination of both you and your husband : )
I love your happy family. And I TOTALLY love your new lens susan! totally love that : )

Skeller said...

Kristen - get it!!! I don't think you'll ever regret it!

Elaine - that 135 is soooo tempting... but no, I got the 70-200 f/4 for the couple weddings I have this summer. Figured it was cheaper to buy & resell (y'know to get the 70-200 2.8 that I really want - ha!) than to rent 2x + all the gas/driving/time... Do I know how to justify, or what?!? ;-)

Teri said...

Happy 17th anniversary!!!! Way cool.

Lovin' the pix. I am a flower geek, also. I need to get out in the yard and shoot a few more this year, if I can keep from melting.