July 25, 2010

You are My people.

_MG_0820

Awake as in the days of old, the generations of long ago.
Was it not Thou who cut Rahab in pieces,
Who pierced the dragon?
Was it not Thou who dried up the sea,
The water of the great deep;
Who made the depths of the sea a pathway
For the redeemed to cross over?
So the ransomed of the LORD will return,
And come with joyful shouting to Zion;
And everlasting joy will be on their heads.
They will obtain gladness and joy,
And sorrow and sighing will flee away.

I, even I, am He who comforts you.
Who are you that you are afraid of man who dies,
And of the son of man who is made like grass;
That you have forgotten the LORD your Maker,
Who stretched out the heavens,
And laid the foundations of the earth;
That you fear continually all day long because of the fury of the oppressor,
As he makes ready to destroy?
But where is the fury of the oppressor?
The exile will soon be set free, and will not die in the dungeon, nor will his bread be lacking.
For I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea and its waves roar
(the LORD of hosts is His name).
And I have put My words in your mouth,
and have covered you with the shadow of My hand,
to establish the heavens,
to found the earth,
and to say to Zion, "You are My people."

Isaiah 51: 9-16


post signature

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful photo and verse. Thank you