August 11, 2014

Waves at The Wedge …

About a month ago, we had several days of HUGE waves.  One of the evenings, we decided spur-of-the-moment to hop in the car and head over to The Wedge (famed surfing spot in Newport Beach) for sunset and wave watching.  Unfortunately, I spur-of-the-moment grabbed my camera … with the wrong lens (24mm). Oh well.  I will show you my wide angle view of the evening …
wedge-1 wedge-2 wedge-3 wedge-4 wedge-5
I guess we weren’t the only ones with this bright idea …   
IMG_2118 IMG_2121
Alas, here is where the limitations of my 24mm will become apparent.  These waves are 18-20’…
wedge-9 wedge-10
See the little black dot near the top of the wave?  Surfer.         
wedge-11 wedge-12
See that second wave behind the front wave?  That's the reflected wave that the jetty creates.
wedge-13 wedge-14 wedge-15 wedge-16 wedge-17 wedge-18 wedge-19 wedge-20

2 comments:

BigDude said...

Oh, that look on my face? I think I'm trying to change the radio station so I don't have to hear the incredibly stoopid song 'Rude' for the 1,000,000th time. Hey, radio stations, don't you know we're hu-mans too??

Unknown said...

Even with that lens, you captured magic! I loved the picture of Big Dude. I just think he is so much fun! And HANDSOME! You are lucky to be married to such a cool dude! I don't know if I know the Rude song, but I will see if I can find it right this second on youtube!