February 3, 2014

I Guess I've Started a 365 of Sorts ...

I've never done a 365 project.  I've never wanted to do a 365.  I'm not much into video.  I'm not terribly accomplished working with video.  So it's incredibly ironic that my first 365 project is a video project.  A 1-Second Everyday video project.  It's all Erika's fault.  I'm enamored with hers, and so I'm doing one of my own.

Mine won't be awesomely awesome like this guy's.  And I don't have any plans to become some videographer extraordinaire.  But I do like this quirky little project.



It catches bits and pieces for posterity that I wouldn't otherwise probably photograph.  Like The Teen coming out of driver's ed class.  Or Skyping with a long-distance friend.  Halo explosions.  The coffee that refreshes.  The not-back-pack.  Dad and I having a mani-pedi date.  There may be embarrassing evidence that, indeed, the dudes do wear the same clothing on successive days.  It's all in there in 1-Second splices.

post signature

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! This is awesomesauce!

Skpign with Jenn <3 always a good thing.

Unknown said...

Or skypeing.....:P

Erika said...

So good! I love how it shows a completely different side to our lives. One with movement!!

gaylene said...

beautiful idea! some day I might have to try this.

Rhonda said...

Ooooo I think you are inspiring ME to try this.

tracey said...

Way to include some Benedict. :) And I love this video version of the 365! And on a totally unrelated note...I had a dream two nights ago that my family was visiting your family at your house and your husband was grilling up some great food while you were in the back bedroom. You came out to greet us wearing purple/aqua/white stripped pj bottoms and a tshirt and a big puffy, knee-length, aqua, down parka. Not kidding. It was awesome.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you will always remember those moments. Maybe I will try to.

Or not.

We will see : ).

I love you even though you don't have any snow and I am so jealous of your warmth and sun.

I also love Heather who always says the sweetest things in the world. Is it possible for that girl to be any nicer? I didn't think so!

Unknown said...

So awesome and inspiring!!!!

I love it.

Adrienne Zwart said...

That was cool! And I spied Jennifer in there--how fun! Are you doing the footage with your goPro or DSLR?

Skeller said...

Adrienne, all with my phone. It's gotta be super simple for me to keep up with it!

Leslie said...

OH I love this, a lot a lot. I love your family, and this makes me feel like I just saw you!! I love your photos of course friend, but this brough a big smile to my face!

kedorcey said...

I love this! Such a great way to do a 365 project. Cant wait to see Feb! :)