November 18, 2013

Not a Lot of Noise.

A few nights ago a couple of my friends dropped by.  We were busy gabbing away, not particularly paying attention to our surroundings, when they both suddenly asked, “Hey!  Is it always this quiet here?  Don’t you have three BOYS?!?”  And yes, I do have three boys.  And, yes, they were all home at the time.  We were all, in fact, in the same general space.  Reach out and touch each other close.  And yes, it was quiet.  It usually is.  We Kellers are not noisy.IMG_3060 IMG_3067 IMG_3068 IMG_3073 IMG_3142IMG_3141IMG_3144 IMG_3146 IMG_2921 IMG_2926 IMG_2929 IMG_2909 IMG_2948 About the only time it gets noisy is when all the dudes (Big Dude inclusive) are watching some dude-flick with crashes, explosions, and loud, obnoxious, electronic, deep-base music.  At those times, there is no place in the house I can go to escape the noise.

But, for the most part, life in Kellerville is peacefully quiet.

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

That really is kind of amazing!

Shooting through the windows again, eh? I am going to train myself to do that, I really, really am! I cannot remember for the life of me!

Unknown said...

I don't know if you would like our house. I think I am the loudest one. Gary always says, "Rebeckah, could you use your inside voice?" Then I glare and roll my eyes.

Kaishon is more like me than Gary, so I think he talks pretty loudly also. Not nearly as loud as me though.

I love your quiet family. I wish I could come and visit for tea. Every time I go to Trader Joe's I pretend we are there together.

Anita Johnson said...

This post cracked me up. I call it "boy noise". my kids weren't really loud, but it seemed our house was always filed with "boy noise" from our kids and their friends...gun noise, rocket noise, sports noise...NOISE! Our grandson was here this past weekend and he was playing with trucks and the boy noise was back! Yippee! I love your quiet pictures here...beautiful life I would say!