November 15, 2012

In Our Backyard: the Bullfrog Edition

Every night in Kauai included a little bit of this …

IMG_8714bullfrogs galoreIMG_8716bullfrogs galore3IMG_8755bullfrogs galore2IMG_8744IMG_8748IMG_8751IMG_8750

We dared not walk through the yard at night, without a flashlight, lest we step upon these large critters.  They were EVERYWHERE.

 

ps.  photo deets:  5D camera, 24mm 1.4 lens, all shot at f/1.4, iso 1600, varying shutter speeds (all over 1/160 second because these boys & frogs were moving fast), and focus point set on middle square (the only one on my camera that has a hope & prayer of grabbing focus in the dark).  edits using One Willow’s The Palette, Film and BW Film (+ film haze & define) presets.


post signature

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Amazing detai! And EEK those things are huge! I love how you Kellers roll. :-)

photography by anika alonzo said...

what a fun adventure for your boys! All we have is scorpions and rattlesnakes...lol
I really love how you used the little light in the dark :)

Christina said...

You are like the Yoda of photography. I don't exactly know what that means, but I think it's right.
Awesome pictures.
You are also such a great mom to boys...the Lord knew I couldn't do it. :) I do have one son, so maybe I should be grateful we don't have giant frogs in our yard? :)