March 8, 2011

Fun Friend Photoshoot ... Aliso Viejo Portrait Photographer

Bittersweet ... these wonderful young men and women comprise the "Logic School" at Grace Classical Academy and they will all be moving on to different schools next year. These are the pictures we took this weekend to celebrate their camaraderie and to use in their end-of-year "graduation" slideshow.

IMG_1216

gca - logic school

By the way, did you all know there are differences between boys and girls?!? Look how nicely and politely and with poise and polish, these girls sit and smile prettily ...

IMG_1371

And then the boys ...
[ok, I admit it: I might have encouraged them to poke one another!]

gca logic boys

The boys were all very good sports. They tolerated me and my camera. And happily traipsed away -- quickly, I might add -- when their photos were done. The girls, on the other hand ... yup, they were pretty much always on-pointe, ready to be photographed, in any & every circumstance (the video below will substantiate my claim).

IMG_1487

IMG_1522T

They are truly a terrific class. GCA will not be the same without them ...



GCA-ers, I put a few of the pictures on Facebook. Feel free to tag yourself (I think the "tag" button should be on the left sidebar area, under the photos). If that doesn't work, then "friend me" and I can tag you, if you like.

post signature

12 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Oh my goodness Susan! That backlighting is amazing! So beautiful and fun! I know the bittersweet well--we have school transitions coming this year and next, with good things ahead, but savoring the now.

Jennifer Bowen said...

These are outstanding photos, Susan! I'm sure the kids, as well as their parents, will love them. Magnificent job, as always!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

These are beautiful. What a fun group to photograph!

Sarah said...

Oh Susan! So well done; what a blessing you are to those families! I love those Bonecutter boys!

And I think y'all need a Rhetoric School-- or transplant north, TCA will gladly take them in (we will be k-12 next year!)

Skeller said...

Thanks, All - what an encouraging way to start my day, with your kind comments!!

Sarah - we DO need a rhetoric school ... hoping & praying for one beginning in 2014! And yay for TCA!!

Anita Johnson said...

These are just beautiful photos! High School graduation is a huge milestone and brings many changes, not only to the student, but the family as well. It took us awhile to get our "groove" back...the kids moved on and we were left with an empty house. Slowly, you embrace the changes and start enjoying this new period in your life again! So I look at these wonderful photos with much emotion...big, good changes coming...for EVERYONE!

Christina said...

Gorgeous! What a great memory for them as they begin a new phase in their school careers. I love how you point out the differences in boys and girls. And I bet you didn't have to encourage them much to get them to poke one another! Did they first reach for their phones in order to get on Facebook? haha (That is going on an assumption that most teens have smartphones. I just got one recently. teehee)

Unknown said...

Oh my word Susan! They are so gorgeous. Seriously. What beautiful children.
I can't believe they are all leaving each other and going on to new and wonderful things! When I look at their pictures I see children that are going to grow up to change the world. That is what I see.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Susan. How wonderful for the class to have this great memory. Thank you for the memories you give us.

penandview said...

What a fun photo shoot! I would have LOVED to have been there with you. This is my favorite age to photograph. You captured them beautifully!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

All of these photos are absolutely beautiful,Susan. I can feel the youthful energy and perfect skin. What a gift for their parents and for the kids. :)

Tammy Gibson said...

absolutely GORGEOUS shots! what beautiful light.