August 5, 2010

Third Day: Yellowstone!!

Some of our “firsts”:  our arrival, the park’s official warning, the first superduper clear riverwater view, our first not-so-close-up wildlife view, first geothermal activity sighting, first encounter with the freaky-amazing nature-colors, my first pairing of sunflare + geothermal steam ;-), and our first close-up encounter with wildlife.

_MG_1181 _MG_1188 _MG_1198
_MG_1199 _MG_1213 _MG_1230
_MG_1249 _MG_1274 _MG_1280
_MG_1310 _MG_1505 _MG_1508



Note: F/11 on all of these but the last two (because I was running out of light, and because I didn't necessarily need great depth of field for those).

6 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Well I hope you heeded the buffalo warning. We saw a grizzly not far off the road there and could not believe the people getting out of their vehicles to photograph him! We thought the photo from the car was just fine, thankyouverymuch! What an amazing place! The blue sky makes your photos all the more spectacular.

alpinekleins said...

Some amazing photos - and I love your arrangement. The colors of Yellowstone and be really outstanding.

Kristin

fxmixer said...

I do love me some sun flare! Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Funny! I just missed seeing you there! You should stop by and see my pictures of our trip!..Are you use to the horsed of people? We are not..Craziness...We had to go through the pard to get to Cody, to see our youngest daughter...As always i love your pictures..:)

Claudia said...

oh wow - your pictures are breath-taking!!!

Anita Johnson said...

So fun...still enjoying the trip from the "back seat" of your car. Your photos are beautiful, we were in Yellowstone 12 years ago..no digital photos back then! :-(