But wait! There's more! Here are my self-portraits that include my kiddos!
Yeah. I know. I'm only supposed to choose ONE photo for each category. But, since I'm an I Heart Faces contributing photographer, and I'm not eligible to win the contests, I'm thus also not held to the strict requirements to win! Awww, such freedom. ;-)
Would you believe that I've taken all these sp's in just the last three months?!? That almost qualifies me as a narcissist. Well, unless you consider that I've taken in excess of 3000 images in that same time period, which pretty much dilutes the perception of my unreasonable quantity of sp's.
Anywho, a couple more fun/silly images that fall into the same subject matter ...
Here's a picture fellow contributor Marshall Garlington took of me and his beautiful wife Julie doing the self-portrait thang (the resulting image is the first one in the first collage above):
Here's a self-portrait gone bad. Even tho I'd put the camera in "auto" mode, which is supposed to focus on the closest item (me), it apparently wasn't able to focus on my glass lens, so instead it found my son way at the end of the hallway...
One more fun one. I took this shot with my Rebel in a candy store. I'm shooting into one of those round mirrors that hangs up near the ceiling. If you look closely, you can see my husband and boys on the other side of the store (near "3 o'clock" in the mirror):
If you've made it this far, here are my best self-portrait tips:
1. Grow your arms really, really long. (kidding!)
2. Use as wide a lens as you have.
3. Use a smaller aperture (bigger "number") so that you're more likely to be fully in focus.
4. Put your camera in "program" (if you wish to choose your specific aperture) or "full auto" mode. Since you will be the closest subject, it will most likely focus correctly on you.
5. Consider reflective items - mirrors, shiny cars/pianos/teapots/sunglasses whatever.
6. Consider shadow shots. They're totally fun (AND none of your wrinkles show up!!)
7. If taking a group shot, get super close and cozy. If you're not close & cozy, you're gonna need those longer arms I mentioned in #1.
8. Have fun!
Be sure to head over to I Heart Faces this coming week to see a whole slew of self-portraits!