January 25, 2009

THE GRAND CANYON???!???

More like the GRAND IRONY, methinks.

IMG_5844

By the way, that's the chart that tells you what you're lookin' at. Gives all those neat, colorful formations names.

I laughed so hard, tears rolled down my cheeks. Really. In my world, it just doesn't get much more funny than this. 8+ hours driving. Lots of gas. 2 nights in a not-so-nice hotel room. Because the nicer hotels don't take dogs, dont'cha know. And my beloved Big Dude, who never wanted a dog in the first place, is just softy enough not to want the not-so-wanted wimpy SoCal doggie to have to sleep in the cold, cold camper shell.

And this is what the Grand Canyon looked like the morning we arrived.

IMG_5834

AND, this was the Little Dudes' first visit to see this Grand Canyon. It's funny, I tell ya.

post signature

14 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh no! I am so sorry that that is all you got to see. At least he can say he's been there...I still have yet to go : )

Rhea said...

Oh, that's just so WRONG!! That's some major fog.

North OC Mike said...

Good for you guys sacrificing for the Dog Dude. The Grand Canyon will still be there the next time.

Aunt Tea said...

oh dear! well as LONG AS YOU ACTUALLY GET TO SEE IT...this is a funny twist.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. So are those the only pics you got? :) Were you going to go on the Grand Canyon Skywalk? The second picture is pretty awesome.

Btw, your work is gorgeous, very inspiring, thanks for sharing them with everyone. Thanks also for your kind words on my blog, I appreciate you stopping by.

Karen Roper said...

awww that's so sad for little dude. But you have such a great attitude to be able to laugh it off.

fxmixer said...

That is not right! The little bit I can see looks snowy.

Melinda said...

I just wanted to let you know how much it meant to me to have you stop back by my blog and comment on this last week's i heart faces entry. Your comments were very nice and encouraging. I would love to hear some constructive criticism as well if you have the time. I am still learning and anything that could improve upon my photos, well, I'd love to hear that too!

Again, thank you so much. You were a great judge and I appreciated all of your tips this week as well.

Melinda said...

I just wanted to let you know how much it meant to me to have you stop back by my blog and comment on this last week's i heart faces entry. Your comments were very nice and encouraging. I would love to hear some constructive criticism as well if you have the time. I am still learning and anything that could improve upon my photos, well, I'd love to hear that too!

Again, thank you so much. You were a great judge and I appreciated all of your tips this week as well.

Jon and Steph said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad!! Poor guy!

Heather said...

Oh Susan, you make me laugh-- thanks so much for the chuckle!

tearese said...

Hey, thats what it looked like last time I was there!! Sad... but I've been at least three times.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

It was either laugh or cry, right? That's so sad!

But...leave it to you to still get gorgeous photos out of the whole experience. :)

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Oh that is so wrong. So very wrong. At least you got some good blog fodder out of it!