March 16, 2008

Portraits of the Eldest Dude

The Serious Author look 2

Eldest 1

I think the top photo would work well as the "author picture" appearing on the back cover of my son's book when it's finished and published. The Dude has completed nearly 300 pages thus far and is hoping to be finished writing by summer time. Want to know what the book is about? It's about a 12yo boy in Ancient Greece who is kidnapped by magical pirates and the friends who help and the foes who oppose him as he fights to escape and return home. I'm sure the Dude is going to be a little bent out of shape that I took his 300 pages of details and boiled it down to a mere sentence. But, what can I say? I'm a huge fan of brevity and succinct-ness!

post signature

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What an amazing undertaking! I think I agree with you about the photo. I can see it on the back of his book. It is a great shot!

Brittney said...

I wanna read it when he's done! That is so awesome!
Cute young man too!

Brittney

Rhea said...

I'm so impressed he's writing a book, has stuck with it so long and is up to 300 pages! It sounds so creative and wonderful...and like something my 11 yr old would want to read. Way to go, eldest dude!

30seconds.blogs.com said...

Can I read it? Need beta-readers? :-)